Introduction to sensory processing
Sensory Bound. 26C Orgreave Crescent, Shefiield S13 9NQ
*Due to low numbers, the above dates have been cancelled. We will arrange a revised date in the near future.
A free introduction to sensory processing - Making sense of it all!
An introduction to the theory, and some practical approaches, that can be used within the classroom to begin to make sense of children’s sensory needs.
Suitable for Teachers, Senco’s, Teaching assistants, Early years practitioners
Sue King, MCSP, SRP, PGcert SI
Lead Therapist, Sensory Bound
Debbie Divell, BSc (Hons), MRCOT
Do you recognise any of these behaviours in the children you teach?
It is likely that many of these children have underlying sensory difficulties.
The presentation will:
- Provide an overview of our senses – including the 2 ‘hidden’ senses, proprioception and vestibular
- Demonstrate how sensory integration is the foundation for behavior and learning.
- Explain the difference between sensory modulation and a sensory based motor disorder.
- Equip staff to identify signs of sensory processing and sensory motor difficulties and how it may impact on play, self care and school skills.
- Introduce the concept of a sensory diet and practical strategies to trial in the classroom with a child showing signs of sensory processing difficulties.
- Raise awareness of products/resources that can be used to meet a child’s sensory needs in the classroom.
Places are limited - so book now to secure yours.